NUTRITION & WELLNESS COACH
- Owner, Onk (Ankh) Nutrition & Wellness Solutions LLC
- Master’s Degree in Education from East Stroudsburg University and a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, with a Minor in Health from Plymouth State University
- Certificate in nutrition from the University of Northern Colorado
- Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator
- More than 25 years of experience in nutrition, exercise and wellness programming
- All-American Soccer Player and inducted into the Hall of Fame at Plymouth State University 2016
- Played college lacrosse
- Played 5 years in the women’s soccer W-league, player of the week two times
- Adventure Race finished 2nd place out of 200 co-ed teams
- Competed in many triathlons, half-marathons in my career
- Expert in sports nutrition
I grew up in Rhode Island and have been involved in a variety of sports since I was 3 years old. I started playing soccer when I was 10 years old but also swam, skied and played baseball and softball. In high school, I played soccer, softball, basketball, and track.
I have worked in a variety of environments including: clinical, hospital, university, health clubs, corporate and community settings. I believe in a comprehensive whole body (body, mind, spirit) lifestyle approach towards nutrition while developing an individualized plan for each client. I incorporate various modalities to help develop the best overall plan that works to meet the client’s specific health and performance goals and needs. Whether you are looking to lose weight, improve your sports performance, reduce your risk of chronic disease or simply learn how to eat better, you can have fun doing it.
My experience has shown me that by combining nutrition, exercise, and stress management and addressing the whole individual you can achieve your optimal performance.I use my extensive knowledge of nutrition along with creativity and enthusiasm to motivate my clients to reach their potential as athletes.
When not working with clients, I enjoy mountain biking, hiking, skiing, soccer, snowshoeing, painting, drawing and writing screenplays. I am a competitive athlete and have competed and won numerous road races, marathons, triathlons, and adventure races. I was a college soccer coach at the University of Idaho. I have also been certified as a personal trainer, group exercise and spin instructor.
Onk Nutrition & Wellness Solutions offers both in-person counseling and remote counseling for your convenience from your own home or office.
I would love to work with you to reach your goals as I have helped many others do. I provide a personalized approach to nutrition and sports performance because no two people, conditions, health or environment are the same.